Predicted Score: Jaguars 20, Falcons 17
Atlanta: The Falcons had trouble getting out of their own way last week as QB Joey Harrington threw two "pick-6's" in a blowout loss to the Vikings. Warrick Dunn appears to be the featured back for now carrying 22 times for a mediocre 55 yards. The Jags had trouble stopping the Titans two-pronged rushing attack last week giving up a whopping 282 yds rushing. You think the Falcons may mimic the Titans' gameplan or let Harrington chuck the ball to below-average wide receivers? I'd consider Dunn & Norwood for this reason but might leave the rest of the Falcons on your fantasy bench.
- Start: TE Alge Crumpler
- Consider: RB Warrick Dunn, RB Jerious Norwood, WR Roddy White
- Sit: QB Joey Harrington, WR Joe Horn, WR Michael Jenkins
Jacksonville: The Jags rushing attack was a no-show last week (only 13 attempts for Taylor & Jones-Drew), which is curious considering the game with Tennessee, was close throughout. QB David Garrard was serviceable managing the game (204 yds, 1 TD, 0 INTs) and not making any mistakes, which is exactly what Del Rio wants from his QB. Look for Jacksonville to stick with the rushing attack this week and pull out a typical hard-fought win. K John Carney replaces Josh Scobee who is out with a strained quadriceps.
- Start: RB Maurice Jones-Drew, RB Fred Taylor, Jaguars D/ST
- Consider: QB David Garrard, WR Dennis Northcutt, WR Ernest Wilford, TE Marcedes Lewis
- Sit: WR Matt Jones, K Josh Scobee (inj.)