Our annual June mock got rolling today and it was no surprise that Adrian Peterson was the first player off the board. It was also no surprise that 11 running backs and 1 wide receiver were taken in the first round.
This is a standard performance scoring draft and non-PPR which made the pick of Jamaal Charles at 1.02 very interesting. Dan’s reasoning?
“I considered Arian Foster at #2, and he was the one consistently being taken top-three that I dismissed. I like him, and he’s probably safe, but I’m that guy who isn’t comfortable with the nagging injuries, His receiving yards dropped last year, as well, and I am thinking that might be more a trend going forward. That raises the value of a Ray Rice, who was one of my other two serious considerations.”
Good enough. I suspect the addition of Andy Reid and constant chatter of Charles reaching career highs in receptions is pushing the KC running back up draft boards. We’ll see if the Charles hype continues over the summer. I suspect it will.
Charles was a mild surprise at 1.02, the pick of Steven Jackson at 1.11 by WhiteWonder was a jaw dropper, especially with a Alfred Morris still on the board. SJax is in a great situation in Atlanta but I’d prefer the younger RB on a run-first team.
Here’s the complete first round…
- 1.01 – ICEMAN- RB Adrian Peterson, Min.
- 1.02 – Dan- RB Jamaal Charles, KC
- 1.03 – Shovelheadt- RB Doug Martin, TB
- 1.04 – Remote Controller- RB Arian Foster, Hou.
- 1.05 – RicemanX- RB Ray Rice, Bal.
- 1.06 – Matt’s Eagles- WR Calvin Johnson, Det.
- 1.07 – Robb- RB C.J. Spiller, Buf.
- 1.08 – Vikings4Ever- RB Marshawn Lynch, Sea.
- 1.09 – Fumbleweed- RB LeSean McCoy, Phi.
- 1.10 – Ray Lewis’ Limo Driver- RB Trent Richardson, Cle.
- 1.11 – White Wonder- RB Steven Jackson, Atl.
- 1.12 – JScott- RB Alfred Morris, Was.
We’re off and running with our June mock and looking forward to more surprises in Round 2. You can follow the draft in our Mocking Station forum.